Daily Archives: January 24, 2010
- Many of us desire a perfectly balanced manageable life, but God wants us to pursue a much higher goal.
- A well ordered heart is a transformed heart.
- A well ordered heart is perfected by faithful endurance through suffering.
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Proverb 4:23
John tells us that we should devote our lives to attaing a well ordered heart. He qoutes Augustine to show what a well ordered heart is: A well ordered heart is to love…
- The right thing
- To the right degree
- in the right way
- With the right kind of love
When the heart is well ordered we are not only increasingly free from sin, but also free from the deire to sin.
The game plan
First we have a list of questions we must ask ourselves.
- How and when will I pray?
- How will I handle money in a way that allows me to be closer to God?
- How will I approach work in a way that will help Christ be formed in me?
- How am I involved in Christian community?
- How can I fulfill my daily task with a sense of the presence of God?